Author Topic: New members!!!  (Read 13102 times)

SPG

• View Profile
New members!!!
« on: December 01, 2009, 05:25:30 AM »

Wow ..... this is a quiet site, come on lads and i am sure a few ladies , someone has worked very hard to get this site up and running , the least we can do is use it !!!

I am from Hitchin in Herts anyone fancy meeting up for a blast up the local lanes ??
Xmas is only three weeks away and 2010 is only around the corner BUT what are you all into, weekends camping? Green lanes? bike shows?
I am off in June to Horizons unlimited in Derby, great weekend of off road riding , talks about world travel , silly things like how to cook rabbits, squirrels and other odd rodents??

It would be great to get a few replys and i am sure that the poor tecki who set up this site would have an ear to ear grin??

SPG

DRz 400S
KTM 950 Adv   
SPG
 DRZ 400S
 KTM 950  Adv

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New members!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »
Your right, this poor techie is really glad to have you on board! :D

I am in the US, own an 03 drz400s. It has the classic thumpertalk mods. 3x3, yosh, skid plate, case guards, rad guards.

Just did a nice ds ride in local farm fields. I'll post a report.

Anyway, hope more jump in soon. I'm open to any suggestions for forum sections on request.

Richm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 01:57:30 AM »
Hi to you both, I just bought a DRZ 400 SM yesterday (don't collect it until next week) should be a whole different ball game as I part exed a Fireblade!

Have got three kids and just don't get the time these days to go out on the Blade, and commuting into London on the Blade is just horrid especially with the weather we have had recently. So decided to go for a moto as they look like loads of fun to commute on, which is what it will spend most of its life doing. I aim to do some local scratching, B roads around me in Barnet are just about perfect for a moto as they are full of lumps bumps and pot holes, and hopefully get down to Brands in the spring summer and thrash it round the track for a day.

SPG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 07:19:11 AM »

Hi lads,

Richm, 
I know Barnet very well as i was born there, quiet a few years ago !! Mayhill Road off Mays Lane  and went to Under hill School ,  Totally agree about the state of the roads and the SM is the perfect tool for those roads and your commute .
 Hope you can cope with the change from the Blade?? you may well have lost a load of horses but i bet the smile on your face will be there an awful lot more!!
Where are you picking it up from ? is a dealer or private?? if i can help in any way ie lift etc drop me  a PM.

Amin,

Thanks for what i hope will be a great site, when we get ALL the others envolved!! not bad that the second one on the site lives locally to me in the UK,
Just come back from a short 30 miles green lane "play " nice and muddy and very wet as it hasn't stopped raining here in the UK for weeks, we are VERY VERY restricted as to where we can OR cannot ride off road , you boys over the pond dont know how lucky you are.
SPG
SPG
 DRZ 400S
 KTM 950  Adv

Richm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »
SPG

thanks for the offer but i will be fine with the pick up, it's my local bike shop, Bike Strobe on East Barnet Rd, Marlon is a great guy and gave me a good price on the Blade so very happy. Pick it up on Sat once he has de-stickered it and put some wheel rim tape on it.

Not really sad to see the Blade go as it is just WAY to much on the road, and i ended up travelling everywhere in three figures which is not good.

SPG

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:42:00 AM »
  Richm,

Have a great ride on Sat, try and keep the front wheel on the ground and i hope it stays dry for you ??
Have a look at the London Bikers Forum I have been on it for a few years now done loads of  great ride outs and they have a big super motard section!!
Get out there and have some fun , and we must try and meet up in the new year.

happy xmas to you and your family
Steve
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:42:51 AM by SPG »
SPG
 DRZ 400S
 KTM 950  Adv

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 11:02:15 PM »
Congrats on the new SM Richm, I want to ride one.

We are pretty lucky with riding spots. I do have to drive an hour to get to the closest legal spot though.

I could always move to California and try this...

Have a great Christmas guys!

SPG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 06:42:50 AM »
  cool vid !!!

wish mine sounded like his , i have to keep mine standard because of all the bl##dy horses!!

To ALL of the members on this site HAPPY XMAS and a GREAT NEW YEAR

Now get your fingers out and write something on the site

SPG
SPG
 DRZ 400S
 KTM 950  Adv

Richm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
Steve, i have been on LB for a few years now if you look in the moto section there is a post called 'bye bye blade' from me, our paths have probably crossed at some stage.

Mine sounds almost exactly like the one in the vid with its Remus pipe, will be mad when i take the baffle out!

Merry Xmas to you both.

SPG

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »
 Hi Richm,
Just seen the link on LB, LOADS of great comments , apart from the one that says you need a better bike !!! Cheeky s*d!
 I am off green laning on Sun 13th we are meeting at the McDonalds in the Hatfield Galleria for 9.30 am.  If you fancy a coffee and a short blast the coffee is on me , dont expect you to come out and get muddy, BUT would be a good reason to make sure the bike is running ok, ( tell the wife its a test to make sure its ok for the Monday commute!! )

If you cannot make it have a great time on the bike Sat, some pics would be great, BUT i dont wont sound as that will only make me even more  pi**ed off after hearing Admins vid.

take care and a motorbike has two wheels not one so TRY and keep the  front end down !!

SPG
SPG
 DRZ 400S
 KTM 950  Adv

Richm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »
would love to come and say hello, but I have a meeting at 10.30 on Sunday morning  :(

will post some pics when it stops raining and i can get out and take some.

Would love to post some audio as it sounds sweet!!!! Pops and crackles wonderfully on the overrun! And if you get it just right you get a nice loud pop on gear changes! Neighbours are gonna love me in the new year when I leave for work at 5.30am!!!

Enderz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 10:40:40 AM »
Hello Guys
I have just signed up the site.  YAY!!!!!!! lol
I have had my drz for a year now.  Just put a tail tidy on it today and have a akropovic exhaust.

Richm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 02:19:06 AM »
Hi and welcome

What tail tidy did you put on? I am looking at a R & G.

Stick up some photos as well, and some audio of your pipe so Steve can get jealous  ;D

SPG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 01:22:19 AM »
  Firstly , welcome to the site Enderz,

SECONDLY can you two please STOP going on about BL**DY exhausts!!

So come on how much of a silly grin did you have on Saturday  ;D ;D

You are going to have the same problem i had with my KTM with Acro's on , the neighbours will start to send you nasty letters re their children being woken up and the police being called !!!
Went out on Sunday with the TRF and did a 70 mile loop of Herts and Essex great fun BUT feel of in a very wet ditch and went almost fully under!!! wiil put the pics on tonight.

SPG

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:14:30 AM by SPG »
SPG
 DRZ 400S
 KTM 950  Adv

Enderz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 11:38:40 AM »
I will get the pics up tonight.  I did get a R & G one.  They are really easy to fit, and do look very cool.

Yeah i kinda fill a little quilty when i start the bike in the morning, but i dont have to leave for work till after 8 so i also feel thats late enough.

so whats wrong with talking exhausts, is it cos you dont have one on yours or just cos you have had nasty letters and the police called?