Author Topic: Spark Arrestor on 2009 DRZ-400S  (Read 367 times)

wantucce

• View Profile
    • Email
Spark Arrestor on 2009 DRZ-400S
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:42:07 AM »
Sorry to be such a neophyte, but cannot seem to find the information I need. Thought someone here would take pity on an idiot. I am traveling to TN and NC with the bike and a friend down there says that NC requires a spark arrestor form my bike. I have the stock muffler so I went to the OEM parts guide on line(multiple sites) and the page for the muffler does not list an arrestor.

Does any one know if the 2009 came stock with an arrestor? If so, what should I look for on the bike? If not, does anyone know if one is made for this bike? I find it hard to believe that a dirt bike/dual sport manufacture would not include it as many states  and the forestry service require them. Still the fact that it is not on the OEM site is confusing.

Any help would be appreciated.

hdgypsy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spark Arrestor on 2009 DRZ-400S
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:05:28 AM »
If you still need the info since you posted awhile ago, the stock muffler should have a spark arrestor in it. Most places that test just stick a metal rod into the muffler and the spark arrestor screen should stop the rod before it enters the pipe. Hope this helps.
2013 DRZ 400S
2015 HD Heritage Softail
2009 HD Muscle
2015 FJ-09
2015 Razor XP1000