Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 2433 times)

J.Abbott

• View Profile
My introduction
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:30:50 AM »
Hello all. My name is Jim Abbott. I will be using my name because I am not going to hide behind a handle anymore. I have been very active on other motorcycle sites such as My2Wheels and DRZForums under the handle of BurnCycle. I have many posts and threads on both. I own a year 2000 DR-Z400 S. I have done lots of mods and changes with more to come. I will be starting a thread on this site documenting my build for all to view and get info about and interact with. I have owned my bike for 7 years now and I am very familular with it. Future plans include a MT 434 BB Kit, FCRMX39, cams and a set of ACT Wide Ratio Gears. The engine work will be done by an engine builder in Indiana. His name is Eddie O'Dell and is really quite the expert on the DR-Z. A trained mechanic who has worked for all the main bike mfgs, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda in their dealerships. He is a true motorcycle guru. I look forward to documenting his work for you all here. I will also try to transfer my build log from the other site here to show what I have done so far. Looking forward to getting aquainted here. Peace to you and yours! :)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »
Hi Jim, glad to have you here! Looking forward to the build report.

My name is John Adamo by the way. :D

yfz450inferno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 06:21:48 AM »
Well hello stranger...just got on this forum myself. ;) good to see a familiar person.

J.Abbott

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH SOME CHANGES. The one constant in life. My tenure ending on one site and renewing here.
Thank you for the welcome. Good to see you Inferno.
Well things are progressing very slowly. My head is in the works. Money is on its way. The head is a ported and polished special by Eddie O'Dell. Includes oversize Ferrea valves. BB kit and FCRMX39 is also in his hands. ACT gear set is still here as well the engine. Allowing Eddie time to finish his own build before I send mine for the full build. To include a stroker crank. Shooting for a 462 with ACT gears and the FCR. Should be fun once done. I will do a full build report as stated once its really going on.

J.Abbott

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:40:27 AM »
It has been a long time since I have been here. I have had many circumstances keep me away. My friend Eddie has joined up and we will be getting this all together soon as far as the build goes. A whole new thread will be started for documenting the build. Sorry for any inconvienence my absence may have caused.

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 10:41:37 AM »
Welcome back Jim! Looking forward to learning from you and Eddie.  8)

J.Abbott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »
Thanks! I am looking forward to learning from Eddie O too! :D  He has taught me so much already. I love passing on what I have learned from him and so many others. I really don't mind sharing my knowledge and experience as well. Heck places like this are what being and enthusist is all about. I have always been kinda a loner. Not having many friends in the industry of motorcycling. Been a licensed rider since 14 years old. It was not until I got online and started joining forums that my knowledge and comraderie blew up. I learn from peeps all over the states and world! Just gotta love that!!!

bermudacat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »
Hi Jim.

Good to see some 'seasoned veterans' of the DRZ community showing up here. Look forward to sharing builds and ideas with you.

Sincerely,

Kenny

phish phan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
hey jim I remember you from drzforums. I just came over here due to the fact that drzforums has been down for some time now. looking to get this forum ready to tear up the road/track or the dirt. good to see ya around, dan zannini here.