Author Topic: Help - 3X3, JD KIT, Delkevic Exhaust installed - Bike shuts down  (Read 24 times)

DINGUS

• View Profile
Hi All,

Need some help! I have a 2019 DRZ400SM that I just bought last week. Put 90 miles on it and it was running perfectly. I did the 3x3 mod, installed the JD Jet Kit, and installed a full Delkevic exhaust. I fired the bike up after the mods and it ran great sitting on the kickstand. Crisp throttle response and idled fine. Jumped on and took it for a ride and after about 1/8 of a mile it died out like someone turned the ignition off. Sat for less than a minute and moved the petcock from run to reserve and it fired right up and ran fine for about the same distance. Did the same thing but moved the petcock to prime. Ran a little longer but eventually did the same thing. I checked all the vacuum lines and they seem to be hooked up correctly as far as I can tell. Took it apart a bunch of times and do not see anything wrong. I was very careful installing the kit and followed the instructions. It is running great when it runs just can't figure out what I must have done wrong. I have also tried taking the gas cap off just to see if it was some sort of vapor lock. It is driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!